When I first heard Pittsburgh was getting a cat cafe, I was elated.
But I wasn’t as elated as I was when I first visited Colony Cat Cafe. The cafe serves wine, coffee (and signature alcoholic coffee drinks), and excellent food. I’ve been there three times in just as many weeks, and each time, I’ve found something new to love. The staff is super friendly, and the atmosphere is much like you’d expect at a small, locally-owned coffee house: warm, inviting, and trendy. I love heading there to meet friends/Chris for lunch, but also to chill by myself for an hour or two with my laptop and a latte.
Undoubtedly, the best part of the “cat cafe” is the cats, duh. In order to visit the upstairs cat loft, where adoptable cats and kittens from Animal Friends reside, you should reserve a spot (only 10 spots are available per hour). You can make a reservation online or at the cafe; reservations cost $8 per person and last for an hour, and you need to sign a waiver before heading to the cat loft for the first time.
Important Info (taken from colonycafepgh.com):
- Colony is located at 1125 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 around the corner from the Heinz History Center, on the border of Downtown and the Strip District
- Colony is open Tuesdays-Saturdays
- The downstairs cafe, serving coffee, wine and food is open Tue & Wed 8am-9pm, Thu & Fri 8am-10pm, Sat 9am-10pm. No reservations necessary.
- The Cat Loft is open 11am-8pm, with a cat nap closure from 2-3pm
What exactly does one wear to a cat cafe? I came up with my own guidelines:
- Comfort is key – you might just find yourself on the floor playing with the kitties.
- Soft textures for optimal snuggles
- Kitty prints optional
Check out my button-down tie-waist top from SheIn – it comes in the white that I’m wearing and a red and white striped colorway, and both are under $15. My purse is sold out, but this one and this one are quite similar (both are from Modcloth and under $35).
Have you been to Colony Cafe? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts! And if not, I highly recommend you make a reservation right meow! 😉
Shop my look:
*This post uses affiliate links. If you click the links and make a purchase, I will make a small commission. The affiliate links do not affect prices of items linked.